• Academic lead at the Mountain Bike Centre of Scotland
• Founding member of Cycling Industries Europe (CIE) and its Cycling Innovation Network.
• Research Lead for Sport, Health and Exercise in School of Applied Sciences.
• Held successive contracts with Scottish Cycling to deliver the complete support programme to Downhill MTB athletes, and invited presenter at World Cycling Congress and both British and Irish Cycling Coach Education Conferences. Support work with elite XC MTB athletes and have coached Downhill and XC World Cup, and professional World Enduro Series MTB athletes. Associate editor of Journal of Science and Cycling and Member of the Scientific Committee for European Colleges of Sport Sciences Conference, Glasgow, 2024.
• Completed contract research on pollution and performance for UK Sport and British Olympic Association in run up to Athens and Beijing Games, with a PhD student completion stemming from this work.
• 13 PhD and 7 MRes students supervised to completion in exercise immunology, pollution and performance, applied ergonomics and demands of enduro mountain biking.
Injuries in MTB 2022 - 2026: commercial research project which is currently not shareable due to commercial sensitivity.